In a small space, it can feel impossible to find a place for all of your stuff. If you need more storage but are not sure where to begin, these 10 creative, smart and unexpected ideas are here to help.
1. Stairway shelves: You can have a piece designed specifically for your stairs (as long as your stairs are wide enough to give up a little space) and use it for anything from shoes and bags to books and photo boxes. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1bffk2q ]
2. Open shelving plus unified containers: You can put just about any identical storage containers on open shelving — they’ll look fantastic and hold a lot. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1fFUAQW ]
3. Mini library: Tuck your mini library into an unused nook or an otherwise awkward space, and it may suddenly become your favorite spot in the house. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1bJzpdV ]
4. Trade in your buffet for a major storage piece: In the dining room, consider swapping out your low sideboard for something with more storage potential. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1df04Pt ]
5. Aim for a mix of open and closed storage: Be sure you work enough closed storage into your plan; otherwise you will feel the need to be constantly cleaning up. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1n3u1aN ]
6. Unpackage everything: Unpack everything and discard all the outer packaging as soon as you bring things home from the store. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1hZYg1u ]
7. Stack things to the Top! Look in each of your closets and make sure you are using every inch of vertical space. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1hZYg1u ]
8. Keep big storage pieces sleek with minimalist hardware: Avoid the feeling of having a large cabinet or chest looming over you in a small space by opting for a hardware-free design or one with simple, sleek pulls. Light-colored surfaces with a bit of shine or gloss will help bounce the light around, making the cabinets’ bulk blend in with the surrounding walls.
[To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/MGITkS ]
9. Fill unavoidable open gaps with shelving: Even when you’ve done your best to maximize your home’s storage potential, there will still inevitably be a few gaps here and there. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1bJL0JU ]
10. Turn everyday objects into décor: Rather than cluttering up your home with lots of purely decorative objects, see which of your daily necessities can be turned into decor with a bit of prop-styling finesse. [To View Image Click on Link: http://bit.ly/1bebGmd ]