Online Video Marketing is quickly becoming one of the biggest trends in media and is rapidly demonstrating to be one of the most prized and flexible marketing assets around!
Efficiency is key to this new trend, it’s much more efficient for people to click on a video link than it is for them to read a paragraph of text, not to mention much more eye catching. People want fast and easy information, and web videos allow them to have just that.
Online Video Marketing is being established as the latest Real Estate tool in selling luxury homes. According to the National Association of Realtors, 14% of sellers used this tool to help sell their homes in 2012, up from 9% five years ago.
Although video marketing isn’t a new concept, the following facts help demonstrate the growing desire for this new trend:
• 188.7 million People in the US watched 46 billion online content videos in September 2013. The average American spent more than 20 hours watching online video. (ComScore2013, Invodo)
• Consumers give up on online video if it doesn't load in two seconds. (CNN - University of Massachusetts Amherst and Akamai Technologies)
• Globally, online video traffic will be 69% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2017, up from 57% in 2012. (Cisco)
• 57% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in purchase decisions, up from 52% a year ago. (MediaPost 2013, Invodo).
• More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 6 billion hours watching videos - that's almost an hour for every person on Earth, and 50% more than last year. (YouTube)
Here are a few examples of how online video is being used as the new tool in selling luxury homes:
• Developlers of The Mansions at Acqualina, a luxury high rise in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, spent a significant sum on a short film to market the building's 15,000 square foot $55 million penthouse. View the video: http://bit.ly/1g5aLMf
• In July 2012, sellers of a six acre $35 million Malibu mansion above California's "Billionaires' Beach" commissioned a plot driven mini movie titled "The Spider and the Fly". View the video: http://bit.ly/1aMPkv2
• Another video created for a luxury home in Queensland, Australia put sex at the forefront of it's Hollywood-style trailer. View the video: http://bit.ly/19QJGJR